Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Harvest!


We have had a lot of fun in the garden this year. I just love this time of year with all fresh veggies! I love to top off every meal with something fresh and homegrown. We are so blessed to have our Grandma and Aunts with such a talent. I will have to brag and say their garden is the best in town ;) and we are lucky enough to live next door to it. I have really learned so much from them and think I could probably grow my own, but why try, right?

Kennedy's favorite things from the garden this year are corn on the cob, cherries, apples, and just recently she likes the cherry tomatoes. I would have to say her all time fave is the grapes!!! If I ever wonder where Kennedy is, I always know where to look. She just stands at the grape vines and fills her belly. She never really asks for snacks anymore because she can just get one herself!


Jackson's preschool class came and toured the garden. They had so much fun learning about how things grow and they got to try new things. They each got to take a bag of veggies home. The next day they asked if they could come back to our garden, I think they had a good time.


Jackson made a new best buddy in his class this year and they are so cute to watch together. Isn't it precious, they're holding hands.

14 comments:

Angie said...

The following comment is from Cydnee (word for word:): "I like it. Thank you. My favorite part of the garden was corn on the cob and apples. I love your garden."

She really did have so much fun! That was so cool of you to let them visit! I love how my daughter has her pants tucked into her boots in every picture! Quite a fashion statement!

Anonymous said...

im so jealous!I want a garden so bad! I think I might give it a try next year. I'm sure things don't grow as nice here but I sure want to try.

Coopercomics said...

We loved our garden here at the house too..yours is HUGE!!!!! Watering it can be an ALL day pain, but it is so worth it!

Staci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Staci said...

OK, so I deleted the first comment because I forgot to read it before I posted it and it had a mis-spelled word. I just wanted to tell you that your little boys dimples just melt my heart! You are going to have a tough time when they are teenagers because they are so stinkin' cute!
Let me know when the painting begins! Congrats! Again!

jilljohn said...

I am so jealous of your garden. I often run by and just drool as I pass. You have darling children and such a cute blog! Thanks for visiting mine-

hugsnkisses said...

can I come up for dinner?

Aubrey said...

Hey Steph! Wow! I can't believe how stinkin' cute your kids are! They are SO precious!! Oh my! Yeah, we are up here in Lehi, moving right along...just working and enjoying life. How in the world did you find us on Blogger?

Michelle said...

How much fun! I try a garden occasionally, but I'm terrible at it! I think it's time to try again, and let my kids help. What a great time they must have had!

michelle and brady said...

Stephanie i love your little fam.

House of Joy said...

Cute kids!

Love the kindermusic progam.

You are such a good mom

We just love your family.
Holly

Coopercomics said...

Last night I saw TEN deer jump out of your garden and walk on to the street. It was CRAZY! I have never seen so many of them in town at one time. There were little fauns and they were so cute....I hope that they didn't thrash what was left of your garden!

The Holland Family said...

Steph, cute blog. Glad to have you in our ward. (again) I love your house. I'll have to come by sometime. Nicole

Melissa said...

This post is way old... You act like you're busy or something. How's the house? You getting settled yet. Moving sure is a blast!