Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11


So I was just staring at the American flags lining my street and started thinking about the attacks on 9/11. I remember I was in college and was driving to work from Cedar City to St. George and hadn't heard anything about it until around 10:00. Everybody was so upset so I turned the TV on in the breakroom and watched some of the footage. I remember having the darkest feelings and being so scared. I remember really wanting to go home and crying for the families who had lost their loved ones and especially for the ones who still didn't know. I remember imagining being on one of those planes and knowing you were going to die or being trapped in the top of one of the buildings. How absolutely terrifying. I also remember the anger I felt towards those responsible for such a terrible act. I remember watching the towers fall over and over again and it never seemed to get any easier to see. What do you remember, where were you? How did you feel? I think it is so important to remember that day and to remember the evil that is still all around us. We may be protected for now but not everyone else is, please remember our troops and what they are fighting for. Pray for them and for their families and pray that eventually one day we will defeat terrorism for good.

8 comments:

Bitter Family said...

Hey Steph~! I remember Lindsay and I were in college and were walking to our aerobics class together when my mom called us. I remember feeling the same dark, scared feelings you described. It's interesting, I teach 5th grade so my students this year were 3 years old when it happened. We talked about it today and not one student had any idea what I was talking about! I couldn't believe it!

Kim said...

I was just thinking as I was checking blogs that someone should remember this day. I remember waking up and getting ready for school. I heard it on the radio and went out to my roomates (I can't remember if you were there yet or not.) and told them I thought our country was under attack. I remember just sitting there all day watching it over and over again on TV. I have been in the twin towers, it was so surreal. It is so easy to sit back and view it because it was all happening so far away from us. But such a tragedy and something that we need to remember. It is in ways frightening to see what is coming of our world. But I guess you also see in all these tragedies that there is a lot of good in the world too (the media just doesn't really like to cover it all the time.) Thanks for remembering!

Kara Benson said...

Hey Steph, cute new background.... But i think you need to change some of your font colors! Sweet post, you're so good to remember!

Kara Benson said...

Changing your colors should be easy.... Go to Customize...Layout....Fonts and colors! Good luck!

The Leavitt Family said...

Hey Steph!! It was so good to hear from you... I was just asking Melissa how you were doing. Your kids are adorable... and I can't believe that Jackson is 4! Call me next time you come to Vegas...it would be fun to get together!

Anonymous said...

Steph,

I came home and found your blog. It is really cute. Your so good to think back and remember 9/11. I so just went through the motions of every day life without paying much attention to the day. That is pathetic. Anyways, check us out when you get a chance, alittledoseoflife.blogspot.com

Lexie

Lexie

Angie said...

Hey I found you! So glad you have a blog. Email me at angiecastagno@hotmail.com and I will add you to the invite list for ours. :) I saw Jacks at school today. My volunteer day is tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes...

Jenny Wilson said...

Hey steohanie!
I was wondering if you have met Jennifer Baird in Kanab yet? She has a son named Madox. She was one of my good friends in college. send me your email address too, by the way!